Groentje Players Manual
Originally featured on the The Reincarnations portal main page, this is the wiki version of the Player's Manual.
This version is a more up-to-date, edited and cross-linked version, that started from the portal-version by Groentje.
WHAT IS THE REINCARNATION
Chapter 1 briefly introduces wannabe players what the game is:
- turns and time | competition | the five mage specialities (colours)
HOW TO START
Chapter 2 explains how to create a New Mage
- one time TR account creation | day-to-day login for mage play.
- It advises on what to do when you have trouble Logging In.
- It points to other sources that are useful when learning to play, e.g. by guiding you through your First 120 turns.
Chapter 3 goes through the Throne Room options in the Main Menu.
- It explains what your Status Report is for and how In-game messaging works.
- It goes along all the mage options, including Mage Description | Meditation | Deleting your mage.
- The Audience link is more or less skipped, as heroes are discussed in a later chapter.
Chapter 4 goes through most of the INTERIOR part of the main menu. It discusses:
- Buildings and what you need them for.
- Resources and what you use them for.
- Gelding, Recruiting and Exploring.
Chapter 5 goes through the MAGIC section of the main menu. It explains:
- Adjacent and opposite magic specialities
- Researching spells
- M.P. charging and using Spells and Items
- Running, dispelling and tracking enchantments
- The concept of Armageddon
Chapter 6 deals with the battle aspects of the game.
- It explains attack limitation, protection and counter systems in the game.
- It discusses the types of combat and gives clues for understanding battle results.
- The principles of stack modifiers, initiative, accuracy are explained.
- It ends with aspects of player-player interaction and social aspects that have developed within the player community.
Chapter 7 decribes the SOOTHSAYER part of the main menu. It deals with:
- Ranklists, the Chronicle, the Arena and the Encyclopedia.
- The working of the Black Market and the Altar of Darkness
It briefly explains Heroes.
DIPLOMACY AND SOCIETY
Chapter 8 deals with the Diplomacy and Society sections of the main menu.
- It discusses allies and guilds (why to seek them and join them)
- It explains the guild management functions.
- It includes the Supporting Guild Features
Chapter 10 deals with the cemetery, the decalogue, and the UBB board. Come to speak of it, this wiki should also be mentioned there!
(-: We're glad to inform you this was the final chapter :-) The entire development team of The Reincarnation and their helpers wish you good luck and fun playing!