Pillage protection is a form of protection that -- once reached -- prevents further pillages.
- When a mage is in Pillage protection the (-) symbol will be placed in their status box on the ranking page.
To enter into pillage protection:
- 10% of the mage's total acres must have been burned by pillaging in the past 24 hours
- % Burned land is cumulative, so if a mage is pillaged and then rebuilds, this does not affect his pillaged protection status.
- If a mage has 0 farms, towns, workshops and guilds (the only buildings that are burned during a pillage) then no buildings will be burned and therefore the mage will never enter into Pillage protection.
Pillage protection only protects against random pillages by new enemies. Protected Mages can still be pillaged by mages that have open counters from attacks, pillages, spells, items by the protected mage in the last 24 hours.
Mage A has 3,250 acres of land (325 acres burned in 24 hours needed to enter Pillage protection)
- 00:00 - Mage B pillages Mage A and burns 100 acres of land. (100 acres burned in the past 24 hours)
- 03:00 - Mage C pillages Mage A and burns 100 acres of land. (200 acres burned in the past 24 hours)
- 12:00 - Mage A rebuilds 200 acres of land.
- 14:00 - Mage D pillages Mage A and burns 100 acres of land. (300 acres burned in the past 24 hours)
- 20:00 - Mage F pillages Mage A and burns 24 acres of land. (324 acres burned in the past 24 hours)
- 23:00 - Mage G pillages Mage A and burns 100 acres of land. (424 acres burned in the past 24 hours - Pillage protection is given)
- 23:50 - Mage A rebuilds 224 acres of land.
- 00:00 - Mage B's pillage "falls out" of the 24 hour window. 324 acres have been burned in the past 24 hours and thus Mage A leaves Pillage protection.