This attack type always occurs in combination with another attack type.
Units of attack type RANGED are special in battles:
- they are pushed back in stack order (by 2:3) at the beginning of the battle.
- In a battle, strikes by RANGED unit will fail in dealing counter damage, but the counter attempt still fatigues the enemy unit.
- RANGED attacks, like MAGIC attacks, do NOT trigger the Bursting by enemy units.
- (regardless of the additional attached attack types)
RANGED attacks are modified by the following items, spells and unit ability:
- The item Missile Shield raises resistance to RANGED attacks for a unit
- The unit ability Large Shield adds +50% resistance to the effective resistance of the ranged attack
- e.g.: a unit can have a combined restistance to RANGED+COLD of 30% (the average of RANGED and COLD resistance solely);
- if this unit also has Large Shield, it effectively has 30+50=80% RANGED COLD resistance
to be added: NOTE ON SECONDARY RANGED UNITS AND THEIR PAIRING VERSUS ALL FLYING STACKS?