The ability Bursting allows the unit to deal an extra amount of damage in a battle, straight after the unit is attacked by NON-RANGED/MAGIC/PSYCHIC primary attack. It can be fatigued and triggered multiple times. Additional Strike does not cause 2 bursts, only 1.
Units with the Bursting ability are
- Phoenixes bursting FIRE
- Dwarven Deathseekers bursting POISON
- Units influenced by the spell Flame Shield bursting FIRE
Burst Damage of a stack depends on the unit's Power Rank and the number of them in the stack.
Damage is 1.356 x Unit's NP and is reduced by 15% for every primary attack that hits the unit, whether or not it causes a burst  .
Note: Not entirely correct. Bursting damage is effected by efficiency, which is in turn effected by fatigue (the 15% reduction per primary attack mentioned above). Many other things effect efficiency as well.
- 1 bursting Phoenix will deal ~50013 FIRE damage (1Nix * 36,883NP * 1.356= 50013.348 FIRE damage).
- 1 bursting Dwarven Deathseeker will deal ~54 POISON damage (1DD * 40NP * 1.356= 54.24 POISON damage).
- No Battle Factors are further applied to this damage (no accuracy & no randomness).
- ALL other primary attack types will trigger bursting unless accompanied by one of these 2 attack types
When Bursting is triggered, this can damage the unit doing the bursting. Such happens when their resistance against the bursted attack type is too low).
- The Eradication spell Flame Shield grants units "Bursting FIRE" and sets their fire resistance to 100%
- Note that battle items and opponents spells can lower this fire resistance below 100%.
- The item Oil Flasks lowers enemy fire resistances, making Bursting FIRE more effective.
- The Phantasm spell Paralyze has a '4th effect' that can prevent bursting on ONE unit.