PSYCHIC is an attack type, with similar properties to MAGIC: both have a fixed random modifier of .5. All other attack types receive a random number between .2 and .8. (Nov/09)
This attack type is spread amongst all colors (but often and mistaken to be a blue specialty).
- The Illusionist hero ability Mind Shield raises PSYCHIC resistances of your units.
- The item Monkey Brains doubles (+100%) the Primary, Extra and Counter AP of any unit with PSYCHIC attack.
- The unique item Helm of ESP also doubles (+50%) the Primary, Extra and Counter AP of any unit with PSYCHIC attack (identical to Monkey Brains).
Note: As long as part of the unit's attack is PSYCHIC (or MAGIC) they will receive the fixed .5 multiplier. For instance a Mind Ripper's RANGED PSYCHIC still receives .5, even though it is also RANGED.
- in terms of the damage formula, the "Random Multiplier" for this attack type is always 1
- whereas for other attack types it randomly varies between .2 and .8.