Fury of God
FoG in modern times
The ancient gods that have brought down terra so many times, still are capable to put their wrath on a mage kingdom.
The Fury of God enchantment is the ultimate punishment, casted on you by a god.
- It's basically a cross between having 2 meteor storms and 3 death and decays cast on you at the same time.
- Fury of God not only demolishes buildings, but it removes land too.
- Fighting a battle under Fury of God will make God (#0) curse your army
- You can not dispel it in any way. FoG kills you once you spend a few turns,
- In TR slang your mage is FoGged if the enchantment is on you, or the admins caught you.
FoG cast by a God that hates you
- The enchantment can be cast on you by a god, when you get hatred status.
- In that case, it is a very small number of turns (like 1 turns)
- it is very damaging, but normally you can survive - it is other nasty stuff that really kills you.
An example of 1 turn FoG from a God
Land 3,239 Fortress 16
Geld 568,127,539 Item 174
Units 12,529 Turns left 125
Spell Level 564
Magic Power 0 / 1,334,000
Land 3,239 Wilderness 523
Farm 727 Town 339
Workshop 285 Barrack 9
Node 1,334 Guild 6
Fortress 16 Barrier 0
Your 3465 Soul Speakers are erased from the face of Terra.
Your 346 Astral Magicians are erased from the face of Terra.
Your 529 Fanatics are erased from the face of Terra.
Sun, the Father of the Sky (#0) demolished 154 acres of your Wilderness to the void. You lost 154 lands forever.
Sun, the Father of the Sky (#0) demolished 175 of your Farmland to the void. You lost 175 lands forever.
Sun, the Father of the Sky (#0) demolished 82 of your Towns to the void. You lost 82 lands forever.
Sun, the Father of the Sky (#0) demolished 68 of your Workshops to the void. You lost 68 lands forever.
Sun, the Father of the Sky (#0) demolished 3 of your Barracks to the void. You lost 3 lands forever.
Sun, the Father of the Sky (#0) demolished 321 of your Nodes to the void. You lost 321 lands forever.
Sun, the Father of the Sky (#0) demolished 1 of your Guilds to the void. You lost 1 lands forever.
Sun, the Father of the Sky (#0) demolished 8 of your Fortress to the void. You lost 8 lands forever.
200,000,000 gold coins melted and sank into the Earth.
Your nodes cracked, destroying 1,985 m.p.
150,000 people suffered a horrible death.
The spell Fury of God from Sun, the Father of the Sky (#0) expired.
Example of Battle under FoG
Name - # of Units Attack Counter Hit point
Medusa ?????? 20 3 650
Treant ?????? 25 10 2500
Soul Speaker ?????? 2 0 75
Mandrake ?????? 10 4 800
Iron Golem ?????? 20000 20000 10000
Name - # of Units Attack Counter Hit point
Invader casted Fear.
Invader used The Head of Medusa.
Invader's hero Ehpryce Herfel Witch starts to command unit Medusas.
GOD (#0) cursed Invader's armies!
Invader's ally sent reinforcements of 11 Iron Golems.
Defender's ally My ally sent reinforcements of 3250 Sprites.
Defender's 7 Medusas are slain.
Invader's 429 Medusas are slain during battle.
Defender's 17 Medusas are slain during battle.
Invader's 17 Treants are slain during battle.
Invader's 539 Soul Speakers are slain during battle.
Invader's 161 Soul Speakers are resurrected from death.
Invader's 70 Mandrakes are slain during battle.
Invader's 14 Mandrakes are resurrected from death.
Defender's 5 Shadows are created through battle.
You sieged Defender's territory.
You killed Defender's 12 units and lost 880/2384 units.
Your attack failed and achieved nothing.
You inflicted insufficient damage on Defender
Instant killing FoG
- There is also a version of Fury of God that the admins use to kill instantanously, mostly to remove bug-exploiters and multimage accounts that are used for heavy milking.
- Instant killing FoG cannot be undone by admins.
FOG in the old days
TR 2004-2007: FoG Enchantment as as punishment for cheating
From 2004-March 2007, the enchantment Fury of God could be casted by your server's Game Admin (God #0). It was the punishment for multimaging or causing other problems within the game. Early 2007, this usage was replaced by Frozen Hell. The instant killing version of Fury of God stayed as an admin tool though.
- A good rule of thumb regarding FoG is if you get it, kill yourself and start over but this time don't cheat.
- You can spend turns and kill your account, or suicide it in options window.
- Only thereafter you can try to make a new mage (your new mage gets FoGged too, if you keep your old mage alive).
- You could try to contact the admins by email hoping to plea your mage free of FoG, but very rarely admin changed their minds.
Fury of God in Archmage times
You used to get a message that went like this:
Subject: Archmage AGMM | Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:52:14 -0700
This is official notice that you have been accused of Multimaging. Multimaging is having more than one account on the same game server at the same time.
Due to the evidence found during the investigation, your accounts were FoGed.
Since Fury of God is a death spell, I would invite you to delete and begin again such that you bring your total number of current accounts in this game server up to one.
Archmage Admin | Mari Telecommunications