- 1 Gods and Favours
- 2 How to get Favour
- 3 Standard Favour Effects
- 4 Disfavour and Hatred status
- 5 Atonement
- 6 Most Favoured
- 7 Patron Status
- 8 Beta Server God Favor Changes
Gods and Favours
How to get Favour
Favour is obtained by donating an amount of your geld to a god on the Altar of Darkness, found in the Black Market.
You need to donate a significant amount to stand a chance.
- Minimum is 10% of your total geld. Total geld includes all of your geld temporarily stored on the Black Market in the form of bids.
On top of that,
- the minimum for Blitz/Beta/Guildwar/Solo/Arch/Lightning server is 15,000,000 (unified across all servers in Jan 2014), and
- you need to have used at least 1.5 times the max turns of the server.
If the above conditions are satisfied, you have a 60% chance to receive Favoured status.
Standard Favour Effects
Each god has a standard favour effect that lasts for 48 hours.
- Nature gives......... +10% geld generation by farms/towns and pop income
- Sun gives............. +3% accuracy in battles
- Moon gives........... +5%/+10% without/with oversummoning node m.p. generation
- Magic gives.......... +20 SL and decreases casting cost by 10%
- Science gives......... Doubled item generation(UBB). Especially useful during research when Guilds are plentiful.
- Satan gives............ lowered unit upkeep by 10% (Mana Upkeep only lowered by 5%)
- Lucifer gives........... +10% summoning yields/attack power (primary + counter, perhaps also secondary attack)
On top of that, you also randomly gain one of the following:(chances estimated)
- If you have harmful enchantments on your kingdom, gods may cast Indulgence of God and remove them (unknown chance of success) (UBB).
- 45% chance of a random enchantment for 15 turns.
- You pay no upkeep for this enchantment.
- The enchantment is cast as if it was on-color, and at godly spell level (777).
- God enchantment effects stack on top of your own enchantments.
- Possible enchantments are not linked to your color. They include:
- It is wise to cast up your own enchantments before donating, if you are going for maximum effect (e.g. super-Concentration), as it is a waste to use the 15 godly-enchanted turns just for the casting of your own enchantments.
- 20% chance to receive one lesser item.
- 15% chance to receive a small m.p. refill, comparable to aMana Crystal.
- 10% chance that a group of Fanatics ('Zealots') joins your army
- 5% chance to receive a random hero of up to level 17.
- 5% chance that the Star of Luck will shine upon you.
- There is a small chance that the God will test a hero of yours. Failure brings death, success adds one level to your hero.
It is possible to be in favoured status with multiple gods concurrently. There is an inherent risk that donating to more than one god will result in jealous backlash, outlined in the table below. Safe combination of certain gods used to be possible, though this is no longer the case. If you have favour from (god in top row) and want to add favour from (god in left colum), there is an xxx (number in crosstable) chance the first god gets jealous.
- The table is accurate as of October 2014 and no longer based on data going back to Archmage.
- Nature is the god on its own, Sun-Moon, Science-Magic and Satan-Lucifer can be seen as each other's opposites. Their combinations are the hardest to achieve.
- Certain gods have lessened chances of becoming jealous based on the order of the donation received. Known beneficial orders include:
- Lucifer followed by Satan (25% jealousy risk, compared to 75% for the reverse order)
- Nature followed by Magic (25% jealousy risk, compared to 50% for the reverse order)
- Sun followed by Moon (25% jealousy risk, compared to 50% for the reverse order)
Disfavour and Hatred status
You receive Disfavour and Hatred status from making gods jealous and donating puny 1 geld amounts.
- In Disfavoured status, you experience the opposite effect that favour would give you.
- In Hatred status, that negative effect is doubled.
- e.g. -40 spell level for Magic Hatred.
On top of that, there are short term penalties associated with Disfavour and Hatred status. They are more detrimental under Hatred. The possibilities for Disfavour are:
- Offensive Enchantments: Death and Decay, Meteor Storm, Battle Chant, Call Lightning
- Offensive Spells: Destroy Artifacts, Fool's Gold and Spell Strike
- Like all God spells, these have increased potency.
- Hero testing
- Bad Luck
- Loss of 'Damaged' Protection status.
- Loss of m.p.
The possibilities for Hatred are:
- Severe offensive Enchantments: (some more fatal than others): Death and Decay, Meteor Storm, Battle Chant
- You cannot dispel gods' enchantments, but you can remove them using Minor Indulgence.
- Severe Offensive Spells: Destroy Artifacts, Fool's Gold and Spell Strike
- More offensive Spells: Earthquake, Volcano Eruption,
- Like all God spells, these have increased potency. For example, Destroy Artifacts cast under Hatred has resulted in the loss of 50 items.
- Atomic Bomb
- Hero death
- Bad Luck
- No Damaged Protection
- Loss of m.p.
When a god turns from favour to disfavour, one of your heroes may be tested by a God. The possible outcomes are: your hero gains one level, your hero stays, your hero loses a set amount of experience, or your hero dies. If your hero is very low level when it loses experience, its level may decrease by two.
- Example: Two levels are lost.
Magic, the Mother of All and Nothing tested your hero Vandergaard of Faerun Berserker.
Vandergaard of Faerun Berserker terribly failed Magic, the Mother of All and Nothing's test.
Name Vandergaard of Faerun Berserker Level 6 (Xp: 16048)
When a mage is Disfavored by a God, he/she may donate some gold to the Disfavored God to revert back to Neutral Status.
The minimum amount of gold required is the highest of:
- 30,000,000 for All Non-Beta Servers; or
- 25,000,000 for the Beta Server; or
- 10% of all your current Gold
In order to obtain Most Favoured status, you must:
- Be a Top 10 donator.
- Donate almost all of your geld (over 90%).
- Donate at least ten times the minimum donation amount.
- Have special kinds of things in your army (Race/Colour/Attacktype units) - differs per god,
- Have special kinds of things in your country / play style - differs per god,
- For Science, it is said that you need at least 1000 lesser items and 1 unique (e.g. a Holy Grail).
- For Nature, it is said that you have to be peaceful, without attacking other mages for days.
- Have special kind of relationship with another god (e.g. Hatred with at least one other god, all neutral, etc) - differs per god
If all of the above conditions are satisfied, then you have a 50%(unverified) chance to become Most Favoured. Beware, though: the requirements for Most Favoured sometimes change.
Jealousy of other gods
- Other gods may become annoyed once Most Favoured status is attained.
- Once becoming Most Favoured, other favoured status gods may get jealous (like when getting normal Favour) and change status.
- Once becoming Most Favoured, other neutral status gods may get jealous (unlike when getting normal Favour).
- Once becoming Most Favoured, other disfavoured or hatred status gods may get jealous.
Most Favoured status brings double what normal favour brings, for double the time (96 hours). There are additional benefits which are specific to each god:
- Nature: Plant Growth or Nature's Favor or Nature's Lore level 777 for 300 turns (with normal upkeep).
- Sun: 100 Red Dragons (with normal upkeep)
- Moon: Full mana charge and 70,000 werewolves (with normal upkeep paid by the player).
- Magic: 777 Concentration for 400 turns, 500 nodes.
- Science: Random unique item (including Holy Grails).
- Satan: 50 turns of CoS (no upkeep, no Devil Prince).
- Lucifer: a level 18-24 random hero (with normal upkeep).
- Pull off a Moon Most Favoured at Armageddon, have the biggest power boost with no turns spent possible, and secure yourself a surprise Hall of Immortals spot that way. However, this only gives 13.3 million Net Power and the upkeep is 1,456,000 geld + 10,500 mana.
- Before attempting Science Most Favoured, acquire all the Holy Grails and put them on the market to sell. Keep one in your inventory if you have no other unique (because Science requires a unique in your inventory to grant Most Favoured). This way, you can be assured that Science will not grant you a Holy Grail as a reward.
- There can only be 1 Most Favored Mage per God
- Each mage is limited to 1 Most Favored per week per God
In early 2010, a new type of status with the gods was enabled across all servers. Patron status has thus far only been attained by one mage, and the exact method has not been released. You may find vague hints on how to obtain Patron status through a specific god's encyclopedia page.
- "Permanent" Patron status from the god (Patron bonus ~ 125% favor bonus).
- 'Favor' boon every 48hrs - Works like favor loss.
- Patron status remains until patron limit is exceeded, then lowest donor is removed.
- Jealousy will not affect the patron god (can't be disfavored by patron god).
- It becomes more difficult to gain favor from other gods (increased donation requirement, smaller % chance to succeed).
- You cannot donate to the patron god while a patron.
Gaining Patron Status
- Neutral -> Patron status donation
- Donate solely to patron god for a length of time.
- Be a top 10 donor at the time of the patron donation.
- Donate x * favor minimum (or x% total geld), whichever is higher.
- Special hidden requirements that vary by god (easier than MF requirements).
Losing Patron Status
Patron status will be lost if any of the following conditions are met:
- You are no longer Top 10 donor.
- When patron limit is exceeded, the lowest donor is removed.
- If Most Favored is achieved, Patron status is lost.
- You can only have 1 Patron god at a time.
- Patron status can be achieved again if lost.
- Most Favored status can be attempted for the Patron god every 48 hours (you must still meet the MF requirements, but you can donate from patron->most favored)
- Most Favored status for a god other than the patron god will result in loss of patron status.
Beta Server God Favor Changes
Favor bonuses from donating to gods at the Altar of Darkness have been significantly updated on the Beta Server.
- Effects changed (see below)
- Favor can now be obtained at any number of turns used
- Chance of Disfavor no longer halved
- God Spell Level raised to 999
Patron: +22.5% Attack Power, +22.5% Extra Attack Power, +22.5% Counter, +22.5% Summon Rate
Most Favored: +30% Attack Power, +30% Extra Attack Power, +30% Counter, +30% Summon Rate, Random Level 18-24 Hero
Favor: +15% Attack Power, +15% Extra Attack Power, +15% Counter, +15% Summon Rate
Disfavor: -15% Attack Power, -15% Extra Attack Power, -15% Counter, -15% Summon Rate
Hatred: -30% Attack Power, -30% Extra Attack Power, -30% Counter, -30% Summon Rate
Patron: -30% Casting Cost, +30 Spell Level, + 7.5% Concentration
Most Favored: -40% Casting Cost, +40 Spell Level, +10% Concentration, +500 Nodes, Level 999 Concentration (400 turns)
Favor: -20% Casting Cost, +20 Spell Level, +5% Concentration
Disfavor: +20% Casting Cost,-20 Spell Level, -5% Concentration
Hatred: +40% Casting Cost, -40 Spell Level, -10% Concentration
Patron: +4.5% Accuracy
Most Favored: +6% Accuracy, +100 Red Dragons (Or land / 120, whichever is most)
Favor: +3% Accuracy
Disfavor: -3% Accuracy
Hatred: -6% Accuracy
Patron: +15% m.p generation (+7.5% non-OS)
Most Favored: +20% m.p generation (+10% non-OS), full mana charge, +70,000 Werewolves (Or land * 6, whichever is most)
Favor: +10% m.p generation (+5% non-OS)
Disfavor: -10% m.p generation (-5% non-OS)
Hatred: -20% m.p generation (-10% non-OS)
Patron: +30% skill point bonus, +30% research bonus, +7.5% item generation, +15% item yields
Most Favored: +40% skill point bonus, +40% research bonus, +6% item generation, +20% item yields, 1 random unique item
Favor: +20% skill point bonus, +20% research bonus, +3% item generation, +10% item yields
Disfavor: -20% skill point bonus, -20% research bonus, -3% item generation, -10% item yields
Hatred: -40% skill point bonus, -40% research bonus, -6% item generation, -20% item yields
Patron: +37.5% efficiency when counter attacking, -15% unit gold upkeep, - 15% unit population upkeep, - 7.5% unit mana upkeep
Most Favored: +50% efficiency when counter attacking, -20% unit gold upkeep, -20% unit population upkeep, -10% unit mana upkeep, 50 turns CoS (no upkeep/prince)
Favor: +25% efficiency when counter attacking, -10% unit gold upkeep, -10% unit population upkeep, -5% unit mana upkeep
Disfavor: -25% efficiency when counter attacking, +10% unit gold upkeep, +10% unit population upkeep, +5% unit mana upkeep
Hatred: -50% efficiency when counter attacking, +20% unit gold upkeep, +20% unit population upkeep, +10% unit mana upkeep
Patron: +150 food per farm, +150 population space per farm
Most Favored: +200 food per farm, +200 population space per farm, SL level 999 Plant Growth, Nature's Favor or Nature's Lore (300 turns)
Favor: +100 food per farm, +100 population space per farm
Disfavor: -100 food per farm
Hatred: -200 food per farm